Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Roofing Day 5 - Updated

Well, it seems that something had happened to my settings and I could not post pictures. I tried again today and discovered that it was a problem with the site and not me!  Unbelievable!  Actually, there aren't very many, but the first one is a great shot of the finished back side of the cabin!

Isn't it great?
The day started out great with sunhine and lots of work getting done.
Steve handing metal up.
Mickey hobbling with it.
Cory had compassion for his dad.
While Brad worked on attaching the metal.
I went into Angel Fire for chalk (to keep the metal in a straight line) and duct tape (to use for any and everything that could possibly happen) and a quick trip to the Valley Market. When I returned to the cabin, things were really going well. I got lunch almost ready and went out to see if I could help with anything.
And there they were again - those huge rain clouds and the threatening thunder. I have some good pics of them as they surrounded the cabin
to the west
 to the east!
We thought for a while that we would be missed, but it soon became apparent that we would not. I was enlisted to help although I use the term 'help' loosely! I did what I could and returned to the kitchen as the guys finished up in the rain! It didn't stop all afternoon. The good news is that the gutter in the back is working great! We are hoping to be ahead of the rain tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment