Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday Evening Christmas Post

Our view from the hot tub on our last evening.
 


 
These woods are lovely dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.
 
 And so, we returned to Amarillo
to prepare for Christmas.
 
 
What happened to the wine?
Well, here it is...
 

 
And the second batch?
Just completed
 
 
Bottled
 

 
Corked
 
 
Labeled
 
 
I do love Amaryllis!
This one travelled from SC with us.
It was a screaming deal at Home Depot
on Black Friday.
 
 
Our Christmas table.
Pretty red chargers are from Walmart.
(.99 each ~ shhhhh!)
 
 
My Merry Hearts Bible Study
has a fun party early in December.
Early is a key word for me,
as it gave me plenty of time to copy this
cute cute party favor from our sweet hostess, Bobbye.
The plastic stem glasses are just $1.98
at (YES) Walmart.
 
 
No Christmas Tree at our house. :(
For about 10 years,
I have bought these beautiful poinsettias at Sam's Club.
We do miss seeing our collection of 42+ years of ornaments,
but.... hmmm...  maybe next year?
 
 
So, here are the gifts that weren't mailed
wrapped in brown paper and Christmas duck tape.
 
Christmas dishes? 
 
 
These Longaberger Made In America pieces
are my favorite. 
 
 
The hearth room mantle
complete with hanging baskets,
instead of stockings.
 
 
Wreath Basket with the
Longaberger greenery and the
Cinnamon Stick candle.
 
 
This was a steal,
literally, I stole it at a naughty Santa
exchange and placed it in this basket.
 
 
My giant wreath has been a work in progress,
adding a Tree Trimming Basket each year
for the last 14 years.
 
 
Latest addition?
Top Hat Snowman.
Isn't he cute?
 
 
This sweet Nativity Set was
purchased after Christmas 35+ years ago 
with my gift money from my father-in-law.
 
 
Lenox China Jewels Nativity
For several years, we added pieces to this set
and to sets for our daughter and daughter-in-law.
It is now retired.
 
shopping done
cooking done
baking done
decorating done
BRING IT ON!
 
Merry Christmas!
 
"For unto us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be
on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6


No comments:

Post a Comment