Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Stressful Situations = Simple Solutions

I tried to blog from my iPad.  didn't know how to make it work.

Back to our arrival in the mountains, where several things immediately went bad.
The hot tub was not hot and was losing water.
+
The water system intake valve was clogged.
+
The quartz tube for the water purification system broke.
No cord for the laptop.
=
Stress and extra work for a while.  My mountain man immediately got started on solutions.  A hot tub part returns to Amarillo for repairs.  The water intake valve was cleaned and the entire water system purified.  We usually do this every Spring anyway, so it is done for this year.  The quartz tube was replaced with the emergency tube.  All is well.

So, back to our retreat!
 Here it comes...
 Here it is...
 and here we are!
 On a snowy day, we plan the next remodel for our kitchen.  One of our favorite, loyal readers seems to have inspired the forward momentum on this idea.
I do love my chalk paint on old furniture.
It now matches another earlier project.
A new quilt project.
Actually, this is a very old project, started by an aunt, probably before I was born.  Shhh, please... it is a gift for my cousin.  More about it in a later post.
  
How do you spend snow days?
  "As soon as that mountain disappears, we can burn the brush."  Burning in the mountains is tricky, but a snowy day with no wind is perfect for it.
 Bubble bath?  
Bubble wrap?
Sea salt?
Or snow on the deck railing?
 About three hours later, the brush was ashes.
 A really big snow storm is brewing.
 But our concern is the one in Amarillo.
 So, this is the reason for the early return.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures make me homesick for the cabin. I'm so happy Mickey got the hot tub fixed. I plan to try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete