Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Who's woods are these.
I think I know;
His house is in the village though.
He will not see me stopping here
to watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.




We, as well as our guests for the weekend
arrived well ahead of the storm.
We've had snow all day and
it is absolutely beautiful!

Sandy enjoys the warm fire and
the spring Longaberger WishList!
Lesley is reading my favorite cookbook.
Patty and Staci are busy scrapbooking.
Ginger is happy to be here.
There is a cloud of smoke near the tree house.
Is there a pyrotechnician near?
Yes, Mickey is burning brush.
Snow is the best condition for a burn.


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
                             Robert Frost

1 comment: