Monday, March 1, 2010

My confession

Today is March 1.  My last post was February 9 and I wasn't really at the cabin, but a friend had sent a couple of great pictures so I added a recipe and posted. 

Sadly, we have not been there since February 1.  An entire month!  I am suffering from serious withdrawal.  I think about it all the time...  I check the weather there...  I worry about the amount of snow and how cold it is inside.  We do plan to be there at Spring Break for a wonderful ten days with family, but I really don't know if I can wait that long! 

I recently vowed not to be away for such an extended period, but there were circumstances... 
Keeping Brock while Cory, Christi, Will and Grant went to the cabin to ski for a few days. 
Holly Grace's birthday party.  
Jack's Cub Scout Blue Gold Banquet.  
Picking up my girl scout cookies. 
Jack's basketball game. 
Holly Grace's Greek Festival at school. 
Having Charlotte come home with us for a few days. 
My cousin's sweet wedding. 
Crissy's birthday celebration. 
Hmmmm.. there has not been time for a trip to the cabin in February.  I would not have missed any of these events, even to be in the mountains.  But, I will not be away this long again!  Except, of course, if our grandchildren need or want us for anything.                   
Will
Grant
Brock
Holly Grace
Jack
Mitchell
Charlotte
Crissy's birthday
Lemon Blossoms
1 Yellow Cake Mix
4 Eggs
1 Lg Box Lemon Pudding Mix
¾ C Oil
Mix together on low 3 minutes, then high 4 minutes
Fill heavily sprayed mini muffin pan ½ full
Bake 350 - 12 minutes
Pop out to cool on wire rack
Glaze
Mix together
1# Confectioner’s Sugar, sifted
1 Lemon zested
3 T Oil
3 T water
1/3 - ½ C fresh lemon juice
Pierce muffins w/ fork on bottom and dunk in glaze
Glaze again, if you dare!
Enjoy the lemony flavor!
(Paula Deen's Recipe)

1 comment: