Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Power Outage

Today started off a little rocky.
It was too windy for the hot tub. 
Then, the power went out.
The tile saw must have electricity.  But, my tile guy doesn't give up easily.
He marked all the tiles that needed to be cut and pulled out his battery operated tools with fully charged batteries to use where possible!
  We were without power for about three hours.  So, he prepped all that he could, read a little, we ate lunch and he took a short nap.  Me?  I have totally lost control of my kitchen, so I began to clean and organize other areas.  For instance, under the kitchen and bathroom sinks and the big black cabinet full of food staples.  I didn't think to take a before picture.  It was too scarey, anyway.  But, here is the after:

Ahhh, yes!  It makes me happy to see what we have, to locate the peanut butter, the rock salt and the kosher salt, the popcorn and the taco shells!
Finally, the power was restored and the tile saw was running.
With the tiles chosen and marked, the cutting went quickly.
One tile had to be removed and replaced by this perfectionist.  Things just looked different today.  Maybe there was too much time to inspect.
There, yes, much better.
The entry. 
Tomorrow we will grout, then my favorite part of any project - move in!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment