Thursday, June 28, 2012

All Aboard!


All aboard for GKC 2012! 
We met at the BNSF "Madame Queen" Steam Locomotive Exhibit 
located in downtown Amarillo.  
We were surprised to find that it is a work in progress 
and the workers there welcomed us to come inside.
 Checking it out.
 The cousins in the engine.
 Conductor Grant
 Ready to ride the rails!
After a quick sandwich,
there was time for couple of games. 
 Pictionary Jr
 Chess
 Apparently, there is some unrest.

The best option for a 107 degree afternoon is a cool movie theater.
We saw The Journey 2 The Mysterious Island
and topped it off with snow cones.

 The after dinner meeting included a discussion over ice cream.
 As the temps dropped to below 85,
we ventured outside to shoot fireworks!
 Learning
Sharing     


 Smoking
 Sparkling fountains
 Smiles
 Helping hands
 Kaleidoscope
 Horny Toad distraction.
"This is normally a nice quiet neighborhood",
said the toad to the tall kid. 
 Choosing the pyrotechnics suitable for after dark.
 Sparklers
 The best way to light a Sparkler is with another Sparkler!
 When the punk was no longer effective,
the flare was introduced.
 At the end of the day, there was little left...

Just a couple of minor burns.
Lots of pyrotechnic experience.
And just plain ole fun!  

So, I've often wondered... what would I do if something that I love fell in the toilet?  Would it be worth getting out?  Would I just replace it?  Would it demand removal or simply go on down?  Would it matter if it was my toilet, a friend or relatives' or a public one?  oh yes, tonight I found out.  Instinct kicked in and I immediately reached for my camera, retrieved it and grabbed a towel.  Why was my camera in the bathroom?  And exactly how did it leave my pocket and meet the toilet?  It seems that in the process of bending to pick up a piece of paper (no, not that kind) to put in the trash basket, the camera disengaged from it's position and landed in the abyss, I mean the toilet.  I was almost in tears as I removed the battery and the card.  My hero placed all the parts in a baggie with all the silica gel packets that he could find.  Obviously, the card is unharmed, but the rest is in a state of uncertainty.        

1 comment:

  1. Oh noooooo!!! That is the saddest thing I have ever heard! :( Looks like a fun day, though, other than the camera in the toilet part.

    ReplyDelete