Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sunshine and Snow?

The day started with lots of promise!

And anticipation!
It was cold, but there was work to do!
Mickey measured.
I cut.
Mickey nailed.

I was really thankful that
these 8' 1x6s are not heavy!
OK, I admit my apprehension about the saw.
My hands never left my sight.
I always knew where my fingers were.
And we are so excited about this project!

The winds began to blow.
The temps began to drop.
And we continued to work.

To the East, the sun was shining!

Snow was blowing in from the West.

From the South side, snow was inching our way.
For a while, we couldn't see the beautiful
Sangre DeCristo Mountains!
But on the North side we continued to perservere,
looking forward to spending summer afternoons out here. 
By late afternoon, we had a very good start!
Our ceiling on the back porch was really coming together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment