Friday, June 17, 2011

Four Wheelers and Flowers!

Sadly, our Toyota Trunda truck has been replaced, but we are really liking the King Ranch Ford truck .  The crew cab makes a huge difference in room!  And we filled it today for a run to the mountains!  With Grandkids Camp quickly approaching there are many things to gather and prepare. 


4 Wheelers were first on the list, along with crafts and food.  Load 'em!  Everything fit with room to spare! 


The trip was no shorter, but much more comfortable and the diesel engine pulls a loaded trailer easier.

Since our last departure from the mountains, my concern has been my flowers.  When we left, the chipmunks were planning a feast at my expense!  I guess that the chili powder and red pepper flakes worked... with one exception...  the beautiful Red Hot Poker.  Something ate the flower!  Who's been eating my flowers?  I'm going on a chipmunk hunt!  Actually, it could have been so much worse.  At least the plant is still there. 

There was just too little water, so I think that we can improve the soaker hose to water more effectively and add more of the hot stuff.  I am very thankful to find the flower garden still here!

No comments:

Post a Comment