Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday Evening Post


A Band of Brothers.
The Richardson Boys.
We had a fun week together.
Thank you for the fun, the food and the family love!
(They are all really good cooks and craftsmen.)


 OK, I will now try to name the flowers.  Here goes.
Achillea (left)
Salvia (center)
Lavandula (right)

Kniphofia (a.k.a. Red Hot Poker)

Oh no, I forgot!  And, I can't find it in my High Country Gardening Catalog & Handbook (a.k.a. cheat sheet).  Four out of five isn't bad, right?  80%?  Can anyone help me? 

Marigolds

Alyssum

I was so happy to discover that most of the flowers are deer and rabbit resistant, like humming birds and butterflies, are waterwise and like sun.  The problem is that none are marked as chipmunk resistant.  Big problem.  We dusted them with red pepper and red pepper flakes and we left a drip hose in place.  I took lots of pictures to remember them when we return in case the chipmunks win.

No comments:

Post a Comment