Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last Day, Last Projects

Mickey had an idea for shade on the new patio.  The west sun is pretty intense in the afternoon.   
They attached shade cloth to a 1X4. 
 And attached the 1X4 to the beam.
 Across the bottom is attached a metal rod that fits into brackets on the sides to secure it.  It is working great and we enjoyed the shade all day.  It also blocks a good amount of wind.
Moving on to the last project, when we replaced the top on the server in the house, we salvaged the old one for exterior use.  
 Level...
 secure.
Enjoy!
Notice the aspen log braces.  We had them under the front deck, waiting for a purpose!  Love this rustic look!
 Add a few Texas style decorations and bar stools and we have a Texas Bar!
Have you ever seen a Humming Bird this close?  Isn't he pretty?

 How about a game of Farkle?

It is such a game of chance, but fun!  We do keep score, but are not real competitive.  Lucky for me, as I am unsure about this: am I not competitive because I am not good, or am I not good because I am not competitive?  Anyway, I won!

Join us at the Texas Girls Bar!
Me and my FSIL, Debbie,

More Humming Birds on the front deck.
These are amazing little creatures!

We cooked these Stuffed Jalapenos in the oven.  I think that they cooked more evenly and were almost as tasty as they are grilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment