Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bear Claws and Raindrops

I decided to start my vehicle today.  As I age, I find myself doing things that I would never have thought of before.  I never think about the engine starting in Amarillo.  But from here, it is a long way to find help.  As I opened the door, I looked down and to my surprise, here is what I saw.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to set something beside these prints to indicate their size, but they look HUGE to me!  My thought is that these were here when I arrived, but I was busy unloading and didn't notice them.  Please make note of the claws at the top.  YIKES! 

Fortunately, I have not seen a bear since I arrived.  It seems that about this time of year, they move on.  Where?  I don't really know, but I am happy to see them go and hope that the only thing left behind is footprints.

Sometime after my bear track encounter, rain started falling.
It was a gentle rain, but as it ran off the roof, I just couldn't resist trying to get a picture of it.  So, if you will look closely, you will see vertical streaks below.  They are not scratches on the lens.  Oh, I am not a photographer or really even a wannabe.  I just don't have the patience for that.  But there are some fun things that I could catch on film if I were. 


No comments:

Post a Comment