Friday, August 5, 2011

It is finished!

When I was a little girl, my grandmother lived with us, specifically with me as we shared a bedroom and bathroom. She was an incredible woman and I loved her dearly. She had an old trunk. We would go through it periodically and I would get inside when it was emptied. Then, we would refill it with her treasures. I loved it. It was a part of my life. I don't know what happened to Grandma's trunk, but I found many of Grandma's things in my mother's cedar chest.


This was my mother's cedar chest.  My daddy bought it for her many years (more than fifty years) ago and it was badly in need of a makeover, but no real repairs were needed.  It too was a part of my life and was filled with her treasures and memories.  There were Bibles, pictures, birth certificates, death certificates, baby dresses, pocket knives, jewelry, scrapbooks, check stubs, house plans, letters and cards.  It held the memories of my mother and I am thrilled to have it.  It is now my treasure of memories.

I am glad that my project is finally finished. After many hours of work, it is beautiful and I am proud to have it. Thank you to Mickey and Vaden for encouraging me and baby sitting me as I stripped, sanded and finished it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mom! It looks so, so good. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete