Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Taking The High Road...



"I called back to the State Land Office this morning.  The lady I had been getting transferred to yesterday hadn't even been at work then, but she was there today.  She couldn't, however, answer my questions, so she had someone else call me back.  He told me there had been a lot of problems with landowners in the area in question who would try to convince people they owned the State land.  He said he would call the guy and set him straight.
Then he told me ATV's were not allowed there anyway.  After some discussion I told him I would do some research and call him back.  I looked at our contract and permit and it says, plain as day, motor vehicles and any other mechanical devices were limited to established roads on state land.  I tried to call him back but got his voice mail (surprise).  I left a message asking him to please review paragraph 3 and call me back.  He never called.  We'll see."


FR 76 South of Angel Fire



After a little lunch snack.


Lunch was leftover chicken fried steak!


Pondering the view.



Appetizers?
Oh yes, I believe I will, thank you!

mmmm.... nachos!


"Supper was pot roast with potatoes, carrots and gravy.  We didn't plan to have dessert, but Ronnie discovered the nectarines he brought were almost too ripe to eat, so he decided to cook them tonight.
First he cut them in half and removed the pit. Then he added a dab of butter,  spoonful of brown sugar and sprinkled them with cinnamon.  Placing them on a medium hot grill we let the heat until the butter had melted.  Perfect!"







Oh yeah, we added some vanilla ice cream
just to be safe. 


Wine Report:

Cory helped me "rack" (transfer) the wine 
to another container for secondary fermentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment