Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pinterest and Longaberger

Pinterest is full of fun projects and ideas and occasionally I am motivated to go a step beyond just pinning another idea.
I recently read about how to pepare burlap for use.  Washing the burlap on delicate cycle and in warm water with little detergent and just a touch of bleach seemed to be questionable.  This was done to remove that strong odor that always accompanies burlap and it worked.  It dried quickly outside.  The next step was to iron it on the satin setting.  The last step (not new to me) was to get a straight edge by pulling a thread and cutting along that edge.  That done on all four sides, I pulled out five threads on each side.  The finished product is on the dining table.


I like it.  What do you think?

My July Longaberger incentive arrived today!  Made in America Bread Knife.  I am so excited about this new product.  Coming soon is the Chef Knife and then, the Paring Knife.  The Longaberger Cutlery is featured in the Fall & Winter WishList and available for purchase on September 1.  
Each blade is made with advanced American steel, has a unique maple handle, carefully smoothed and shaped to fit your hand with balance and grace and is joined to the blade with copper rivets.  Isn't it beautiful?


No comments:

Post a Comment